Thursday, January 03, 2008

Self Assessment...and tonight's goal...

Was just wondering how my bankroll has changed since I started this blog so looked back to a previous post which informed me how much I had in my 3 main accounts to start with:

Party: £200
Noble: £720
Sun: $890

So about £1350 in total.

Now I withdrew £400 from Noble so realistically my Noble roll was £320 and total roll £950.

And here are my current account sizes:

Party: £310
Noble: £225
Sun: $715

Which is about £875 total for a £75 loss over about 6 months. I think the reason for this is that my best game is multi-table tournies, and obviously they require substantial time to play, but since I've been working I've had no time to play for long periods and so played cash games which I tend to grind out a small win in but nothing substantial and then lose a lot in a quick period which puts me back to break-even or worse. I know myself that cash games do ot really suit my game and so I'm going to try and avoid playing them and hopefully play more sit and go's and, time allowing, multi's.

Basically in what I'd call my "heyday" of poker I'd grind out small wins playing sng's whilst waiting for the big scores in the multi's which generally came at least once or twice a month. When I say big score I'm talking $300-$700 for a top 3 place in a $5 or $10 tourney. Obviously I was playing a lot more then and it feels like years since I had a big cash like that and I want another one. So tonight I am dedicating myself to finding that win and have targeted a number of tourneys ranging from £2 freezeout to $10 freezeouts on Sun, $5-$10 rebuys and freezeouts on Noble and the $6 rebuy on Party for old times sake even though Party tournies and I do not get on.

So hopeful my next blog will be detailing my achievement of finishing in the top 3 in one of these tournies. I'll be happy with a final table appearance the way my luck has been recently though...COME ON!!!!

No comments: