Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Neither the bridesmaid or the bride...

i.e. not in the top 2.

I managed to finshed 3rd in 3 consecutive SnG's last night, two on Party and one on Stars. While this may suggest that I'm just limping into the money all the time that was not the case and all 3 bubbles played out differently. Firstly on Stars one big stack had about 9k in chips with the other 3 of us having around 1.5k eack at the 100/200 blind level and it took a while for the big stack to knock someone out as the was little flop playing and it just took for 2 reasonable hands to be up against each other. The big stack then raised pretty much every hand and when I took a stand with AJ that was no match for his JT.

In the first Party game 4-way had a lot of play in it as all 4 players were between 4k and 6k at 200/400 blinds. Eventually I picked up KK and knocked out someone who held 8's and then I was the big stack and putting pressure on the other two. Then lost a 50/50 and ran my 9's into 10's and I was out in 3rd. The other Party game was crazy and we were 3-way at the beginning of the 100/200 level and I literally hadn't played a pot and was on about 1500 and first hand I play was AQ, all-in pre called by deuces and obviously they hold up.

So tonight I fire up another $11 table on Stars hoping for a fourth consecutive cash. Build my stack with a flopped Q high flush from the BB in the third level then lose a 50/50 with AK to a short-stack's 10's with blinds still at 50/100 to leave me on 10BB's. It continues to amaze me how slowly people go out of these tournies on Stars and tonight was no different as only 1 person had exited before I lose my second 50/50 of the night with KQ against JJ, even hitting 2-pair was no good versus his set. But over the two nights I'm up $14 despite winning 0/4 of the 50/50's I got in. If only I ran like the Cannon in 50/50's, I believe his record is something like 2,408 won and 13 lost. I know 2,421 is only a small sample size and I'm sure these figures will even themselves out in his lifetime but it's still pretty ridiculous...

1 comment:

wendyx25 said...

Nice to see you blogging again biggy cheese, sounds like your running as good as ever. Just wanted to know where you got my stats on 50/50's from? Everyone knows when the money goes in i'm a 3/1 underdog. Ihavn't played a coinflip for months x