Wednesday, January 02, 2008

5 months on...

Finally found the password to this blog again...

How life has changed since my last post...some things never change though, most notably my luck at poker. It has literally been unreal tonight, first time I have played since before christmas and I only loaded up a few multi table tourneys just while watching the football (Bolton-Derby) and just sat there for about half an hour absolutely card dead then whammy:

I lose JJ vs TT all in pre, AK vs AT all in pre and then KK vs 66 vs 33 again ALL IN PRE. All these within about 2 minutes of each other and I'm out of those tourneys and feeling robbed especially the last one where I should have tripled up and would have been 3rd in chips in the $3.5k guarenteed (still long way to go I know but still!)

So I then sit down at a $0.02/0.04 table on Party just looking to muff about and this happens:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1885578

Hit the trips and apply the check trap method which works 99 times out of 100 a this level and of course it works a charm...until the miracle river brings him his 2-outer and with it the pot. I run so bad that I don't even think I could beat this level at the moment...so sick.

To make matters worse I've got gastro-enteritis, and have had the whole of the christmas period. This involved me being at home along on christmas day and boxing day in bed feeling like shit when I wasn't with my head down the toilet throwing up or throwing up at the other end if you get what I mean. Basically a christmas to forget and it doesn't even feel like I've had one to be honest. Ah well... life goes on...

Since my last post I've settled in nicely to my job as a Transport Planner...still don't know what I do really although I am enjoying it. Am off work obviously at the moment.

Played a "live" poker tournament for the first time in AGES in early december. I use inverted commas because it was hosted by my house and had 20 runners for a £10 freezeout. I took it down (why else would I mention it) in some style, came to the final table of 8 with probably over half the chips in play having busted the Cannon with my Kings against his Queens and then one of the first hands of the final table Big Tone ran his Jacks into my Queens before I won a race against the Point to basically knock the only experienced players out with only Alpy not feeling my wrath out of my mates, he got knocked out by a couple of girls. Kudos to my missus's little brother Mick who came 4th to double his money in his first ever game of poker for money!

Wonder how long it will be before anyone actually checks to see that I've updated?

The Point will be the first without doubt...he has nothing better to do at work. "Got to account for every 6 minutes" my arse...

No comments: