Friday, January 04, 2008

Not what I was hoping for...

The title says it all really I only cashed in 2 of the 12 multi's I played, the first was not very substantial and the 2nd I am still in but short stacked with about 30 left and will probably be out by the time I finish this post.

The night started off ok, fired up a couple of $11 sit and go's on Party to get me in the mood and finished 2nd in one and 5th in the other for a nice $8 profit start to the night.

Then started up the first few multi's for the night and will take you through each site.

Noble

By far my worst site of the night, dropped $55 in the 6 tournaments I played and failed to cash in any.

Went out early in the $35k guarenteed $11 rebuy in the rebuy period when my AJ of spades failed to hit one of my 17 outs on the Ks9s9x board versus 88 all in on the flop.(Finished:1310/1419)

In the $6 rebuy I finished 451st of 1059. Got a little short stacked and pushed from button with 99 and the BB calls for basically his whole stack...with J7, which is obviously good for the pot.

So to the freezeouts and I lose with AA vs Ak all in pre in the early $6 to finish 1103rd of 1622 runners and in the later $6 finish 337th out of 880 in sick fashion just before the hour break. I pick up AK and pop it up 3.5xBB (my stack is 35BB), UTG+1 pushes allin for another 3 or 4 BB and it folds to the BB who thinks for ages and then flat calls. So it's back to me and I insta-shove for the rest of my stack, he has about 50BB's and times right down before making the call...with J5. No that is not a misprint he really did call with Jack Five! Flop gives short stack a set of 2's but it's the side pot of about 50BB's I'm looking at and the sickening Jack on the river means it's moving towards the chump in the BB.

Played a couple of $11 freezeouts as well was doing ok in the early one which had 1212 runners but busted when I ran 33 into 77 in the blinds, pretty unavoidable considering stack sizes/positions so not too upset and finished 263. The later one I was absolutely card dead for the first hour and had played just one hand to pick up a little pot to end on starting stack. Doubled up quickly after that and again soon after and trod water for a little while and was looking for spots with just 10BB's and 80 odd left of the 502 starters when I pick up AQ on the button. Gets folded to the cutoff who shoves for 15BB's and I almost folded but didnt thin I would be in too bad shape thinking he probably had a small to medium pocket pair, Jacks at most, and I didnt mind racing. So imagine my suprise when he turns over A2off! And imagine my anger when the deuce hits the river to send me out in 83rd.

So that was fucking Noble Poker...

Onto Sun Poker and things started well in the $2.5k guarenteed headhunter tourney when I pretty much trebled up in one hand without knocking anyone out when my AQ kept on improving to turn from pair to trips to boat from flop to turn to river. Always nice when that happens! Got pretty deep without really doing much then picked up QQ, standard raise got 1 caller, 9 high flop perfect for the push, insta-call from caller with wired 9's. Ouch, out in 124th of 655.

Played a few £2 tournies that attracted between 240 and 290 runners finishing 95th and 96th in the first 2. Pushed KJ into KQ when short in one and in the other made the only play that I was unhappy with afterwards all night. 5 people limped to me in the SB and I have 15BB's and pocket 6's and decided to shove. Unfortunately the BB woke up with Aces and that was that but when I thought about my play I just don't think it was the right thing to do as I'm going to be 50/50 at best if I get called and more often than not someone will have limped with 7's to J's and I'm in very bad shape.

So onto my first cash of the night (ps I'm doing ok in the tourney I'm still in and should just limp to the final table, 12 left) and it came in the 3rd £2 tourney I played finishing 12th out of 240 for a mighty £4.80! The manner that I went out in annoyed me, not so much because my Q9 didnt hold up against his J8 as I'm used to losing 60/40's on a regular basis, but because he flat called after it was folded to the SB so I push for 8BB's which was half his stack and he calls with little deliberation. I just don't like his play there and think he either needs to push first or fold in that spot to give himself another way of winning the hand, calling with J8 just isnt a very good play.

And finally my old nemesis Party Poker.

I only played 2 multi's on Party the $10k guarenteed $6 rebuy (which is producing prizepools of around $15k again nowadays). I went out in 211th of 818 when the button raised and I pushed for 18BB's with AJ, he had AK and the QJT flop left me with little hope and I was gone when I didnt improve. Shame really as I was doing alright and there are so many chumps with big stacks in the tourney.

I am still in the other tourney I played and am 7th out of 8 on the fnal table of the $6 freezeout that attracted 709 players. I'm guarenteed $70 but need 7th place to break even for the night and could really do with getting the $850 for first!

Will let you know how I got on next time...

No comments: