Monday, January 14, 2008

New High for Party Poker

Party Account: £443.18

This is the peak thus far of my Party career. Went to the Party Points Store to see what I could do with my 4,500 points and found out I could use them to get tourney tickets at 100 points per dollar. So I "bought" an $11 STT ticket and won it for $50 in style. So I've got 3 "freeroll" STT's left so hopefully will be able to get at least $30 from them which will take the value of my points to almost $2 per 100 points.

Played a few $5.50 STT's on my Stars account, finished 2nd, 4th and 5th for a $3 loss. The one thing I noticed was that these tournies seem to go on a lot longer than the Party ones and it's hard to have under 10bb's even after about 40-50 minutes. Patience is therefore a much bigger factor in these games and hopefully that will suit my style although I don't know how much I'll play on Stars as I prefer my roll status on Party and think generally the standard of play is poorer, especially at the $11 level from what I have grasped so far.

The main reason that I will play on Stars is to try to clear the $50 bonus by getting 500FPP's. I signed up with Pokerlistings.com as well and they had a deposit code that doubles the bonus although I've had no confirmation that the added bonus is going to work, but potentially there's a free $100 to unlock.

To do this however I'd have to play 100 $11 STT's or 160 $5.50 STT's. That means my total outlay will be between $1100 and $880.

So if I continue with the smaller games, assuming an average cash of $15 I'd need to cash in 59 of the 160 to break even which is around 37%. Cashing in 50% of games I play will produce a $300 profit but considering that the games take about 75 minutes to complete and I will probably start playing 4 at a time it will take 50 hours of play to clear the bonus! Now this does not sound too good so I may take the $11 route to match the levels I'm playing on Party.

With these games I assume the average cash to be $30 and again to just break-even I'd have to cash in around 37% of games with cashes in 50% yielding a $400 profit. This will just over 30 hours to complete but is much more reliant on a good start to boost the bankroll as a 8game losing streak to begin with will end the roll before it even had a chance.

So I'll weigh up these options and see what the best course of action is. I'm thinking play a few $11's to start with but if the roll goes below $50 then switch to the $5.50's until I either bust or have enough to move back up.

As for my plans this week I've got football tonight so won't be able to play but Tuesday and Wednesday should fit in a couple of hours so will update then.

Wow, I didnt realise how long this post was getting with me just rambling on...should really get back to work...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't resist commenting. Very well written!

My weblog book of ra online spielen kostenlos download