Saturday, June 09, 2007

"Running good, playing good"

It would seem as though me and Party Poker can be friends after all! Having 3 times deposited $50 into the site and blown it each time I finally have a half decent bankroll of $250 dollars building up, and all from a $10 free bonus I got. The latest episode saw me fire up 3 tables of $0.10/$0.25 while my missus and I watched Lost on the projector in my room. Half way through the first episode and I had already turned the initial $75 outlay into $150 and three hours later I ended my session sitting with $105, $42 and $79 dollars on each table for a tidy profit of $151.

So how did I get there? Well basically the players I was up against were mainly muffstations. An example being about the 3rd hand I played:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1157919

Obviously on Party you cant see your opponents cards when its all in until the result and when he called the all-in on a board of AK8A I fully expected him to at least have some sort of ace against my kings full...but no he had 77...muffstation.

I picked up kings a while later and thought I was getting paid off when i got all the money in on the turn:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1157938

But then came along the worst card in the deck, completing a flush if he was an absolute fish and drawing or trip queens if he was going broke with top pair...obviously he was a gigantic "Big Tony-esque" fish...he could have at least pushed the flop when he was only a slight underdog.

It was ok though as I felted him a little further down the line:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1157943

Having seen him re-re-raise on this flop I was fully expecting to be behind to trip 7's when he literally insta-called my all-in, seriously I swear his chips were in the middle before I pushed the raise button!

My one bad play of the session came against a pretty solid player whose big blind I had been raising relentlessly from the button. He had reraised me the previous orbit and I had laid down QToff for him on the button and so picking up KQ I raised fully expecting him to carry on playing back at me...which he did...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1157952

I was probably getting the right odds to call but he had only shown down AK, KK and trip 6's in the time I'd been playing with him so I thought his range to make this play would have to be QQ or better, maybe JJ at a stretch. Obviously the Cannon would have insta-called...but he plays so bad...

These hand have just been from one table and i might put up a few hands from the other 2 at another time but I'm pretty knackered now and want to get up to do some sunbathing with the missus tomorrow...what a life I lead...

No comments: