Friday, June 08, 2007

A follow up sesh...

Played a quick session on Sun in the early morning which consisted of a cash table which I dropped $17 in, a $2 turbo tourney which I went out when raising from the button with AK after a reraise from a MP limper I bet out a K55 flop only for him to push with Q5. Also played a £3 10 seater SNG which I finished second in after hitting quads twice...

Quad jacks early on:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1155470 (how the hell do you play this? - I think I got the max from ace high)
Then quad aces later:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1155460
Before that result here is a graph of all of my SNG results on Sun, mainly at the £3 level:


Generally a pleasing view in that the graph goes consistently in the right direction, generally periods of break even poker followed by upswings with no major downswings present.
There are several elements I like about Sun Poker, firstly the fairly soft competition, then there's the wide selection of cheap tournaments that run throughout the day and take 2 1/2 to 3 hours generally to complete rather than the longer ones at other sites. Also they've introduced "headhunter" tournaments with bounties on every player that make a fun difference to playing as obviously there is alot more aggression shown by people trying to knock each other out and it generally just makes you think a little bit more about what's going on. However, my one problem with Sun is that they dont have resizeable tables like Party or Noble do and so it makes multi-tabling that bit more difficult which is often frustrating.

1 comment:

wendyx25 said...

Love the blog cheese. Very intresting and as expected well written. how do i add you as a link?