Friday, June 15, 2007

Running good no more...

I've played a couple of sessions recently that have demonstrated that my luck is changing for the worse. It all started with this in the very first hand I played:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1175844

Obviously the turn gave me the nuts and at this stage I was thinking I'd probably just take down the 75 cents in it. Then the SB bet the pot so I reraised trying to build the pot. Was loving the limpers call but then the SB reraised so I thought, surely we must have the same hand, either that or he's caught a set of threes. Thinking the limper may be on the flush draw I pushed allin to get him off it and hopefully either win the pot there are split it with the SB if he had the same hand. He took ages to call so this ruled out the same hand and in the end I thought he must either have a set or had been overplaying his draw. When he eventually called I was whispering "dont pair the board...dont pair the board" and WHAMMY the 5 pairs the board so I'm now losing to a set...I then see his cards...Q5...sick. How this guy gets all his money in with middle 2 pair I do not know. I suppose I cannot complain as when I get in this spot I've got about 90% chance of winning so I'm glad there are muffs like this who call as the majority of time I'm going to win.

It doesnt happen often but after that I was on tilt a bit and started raising pre almost every hand on all three tables I was playing and then I pick up KK and think brilliant as I've created a loose, tilting image people are going to call with just about anything:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1175868

The funny thing was that today I had been reading the Warwick Poker forums and in particular this topic about how generally people only play back at you with AA or KK preflop at these stakes and this was actually running through my head at the time and I was thinking I may lay down KK pre for only the second time in my life...and then I thought what the hell am I thinking I've got pocket kings and a loose image...i'm all-in...welcome to Coolersville...

In reality there is no way I'm laying that down preflop with 100BB in play, maybe I could have flat called the reraise to see a flop but I don't think I would have gotten away from it then either. I stopped soon after having played QQ like an absolute moron calling station knowing full well I was miles behind just to prove that I had been outdrawn:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1175899

So I ended the 45 minute session stuck about $35 which wasnt too bad considering how bad I was running and eventually playing and hopefully I'll start my next session refreshed and running good...

1 comment:

gamblinPOWER said...

hey hey - ty for the comments on my blog. Yer - as you know i'm a fairly TAG player and i would advocate folding KK sometimes too - I've only done it once but i was right and pretty much every other time i've called know exactly what they were gonna turn over. Only thing is some muppets like to push QQ - or in the case of a guy yesterday AQs - so i still think it's a decision that needs a bit PAHud. Only other thing i would say is you have $1500 ish accross your accounts - why not move up to 25/50?