Thursday, June 14, 2007

Last couple of days

Been pretty busy since my last post. Had a mock interview with my aunt and uncle which was very useful and gave me a wealth of information to take into my interviews next week. Then Wednesday I went with Cashy to play a round of golf at Upchurch...and played so so bad. We were playing £1 per hole and thankfully Cashy started off playing as bad as I was so I was only £1 down through 11 holes, I think the first 4 holes were won with bogeys which was pretty embarrassing. Then Cashy started to find some form while I went even further downhill and I ended the round £6 down.

We'd gone round in a buggy and it had taken under 3 hours and it was only 5pm so we decided to play another round. I didnt want to play skins as I was playing so bad but Cashy convinced me to play for 50p a hole this time so I stupidly agreed. By the 12th hole I owed him £13 after a couple of side bets also. At this stage Cashy wanted to up the stakes and so I convinced him to give me 2 to 1, so he would pay £3 if I won and I would pay £1.50 if he did. Having only won about 3 holes out of the last 20 the added stakes made me up my game and I won 3 of he next 6 and ended up only £8 in debt to him. (Which of course I paid straight away after) I doubt I'll be able to play again for a while so it was a bit of a shame to play so badly.

Thursday I didnt do much and decided I would go to Hartley's cricket nets in the evening as I havent bowled a ball for 8 months, and I ended up being told I could play on Saturday for the 3rd team as a few people had dropped out (I had originally said I was unavailable as wanted to go to the Summer Ball at uni with my missus but it was sold out). So I've got a home game at the weekend in the 3rds to try to ease my way back into cricket and hopefully get up to the 2nds like last year and help them to try and survive in the higher division after we were promoted last year. I was suprised to find that I had only missed 5 games and, considering I missed 10 out of the 18 league matches last year I hope to improve on last years wicket tally of 24, although improving on the bowling average of 11 will be a tough ask.

I get my degree results Friday so shall be travelling down to Reading to pick them up and then take as much stuff back from my uni house as possible and pick up my missus for the weekend.

No comments: