Monday, December 15, 2008

Run bad, minimize loses. Run good, make profit...

Had a bit of a mixed weekend, both on and off the poker tables.

Jo was/is really ill so pretty much spent the whole weekend looking after her (BAD) and getting very little sleep (BAD), football was called off due to a waterlogged pitch (BAD), however this did mean that I got to watch the Spurs match (GOOD) and we managed to get a draw against United (GOOD). Also I watched the latest Batman movie (GOOD) and started to get in to House (GOOD).

The poker was equally mixed but ended up in profit for the weekend. On Full Tilt I started the weekend on $760, was down to $680 at one stage, then back up to $770 before dropping to $700 and then ending up at about $830. I stuck mainly to the $22 and $33 Matrix tournaments.

The $33 one's represented my swings well:

1st Matrix: 1st, 1st, 3rd, 7th, 1st Overall. = $64 profit.

2nd Matrix: 7th, 8th, 9th, 9th, 9th Overall. = $36 loss.

3rd Matrix: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 1st Overall. = $70 profit.

4th Matrix: 2nd, 6th, 6th, 8th, 7th Overall. = $18 loss.

On Party I managed to run my £410 bankroll down to £375 and then back up to £460 over the weekend.

Included in this weekend's games was my best ever set of sit and go's, which came on Sunday evening. I played a $33 Matrix on full Tilt (the 3rd one from above) and also played 2 $11 tables on Party to bring my table numbers up to 6. My results in these 6 sit and go's were:

1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd and 4th (as well as a 1st in the overall matrix) so I was very happy with that return.

Probably won't be playing much over the next week or so, I'm playing football tonight so won't be in until late and then on Thursday I have my Christmas meal at work and on Friday Jo's work Christmas do. Saturday I will hopefully be playing football and then might be doing something with Marc, so a pretty packed schedule in the build-up to Christmas!

No comments: