Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Grinding away

The last few sessions I have played have been fairly encouraging. Moving on from the last post I've ground out a small profit in a couple of hour-or-so sessions.

In other gambling news I used my £50 free bet on Betfred to back Tiger Woods in the US Open on Saturday at 9/4. 2 days later and I was happy with my £112.50 return after 19 play-off holes!

Had a few quid on Royal Ascot as well. Ended up -£5 on Tuesday and -£1 today. I'll be happy with -£30 for the whole meet considering that there are 5 days to get through, seems to be more about minimizing losses than making a profit for me!

I've also done pretty well with my Euro 2008 bets so far. Had £10 on Portugal at the start of the tournament at 8/1 and laid that at 5/1 after their first two matches so basically sand to win £30 if they win with no risk. Also laid Germany at the start of the tournament for £10 at 4/1 then bet on them at 6/1 after they lost to Croatia so I again have no risk. I also had a £5 bet on Russia at 33/1 before the tourney started and having now qualified for the Quarters they've come in to 14/1 so I'll be laying them off tomorrow as they have the Dutch in the next round.

Of course, in line with my recent posts, this post wouldn't be complete with out the latest graph. Back over the $100 profit mark. Should be over $400 but for the blow-up...

No comments: